2018 Release Notes
Repository Manager 3.9.0
Sonatype is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Nexus Repository 3.9.0. A summary of the highlights in this release is shown below.
See the complete release notes for all resolved issues.
New and Noteworthy
Upload components to a repository from the UI
This is the new and improved version of the upload feature that exists in Nexus Repository 2. For Nexus Repository 3, we support uploads to hosted Maven, Raw, npm, PyPI, NuGet, and RubyGems repositories.
Nexus Firewall now supported on OSS
This release makes it possible to use Nexus Firewall with Nexus Repository OSS, for those who want the ability to block bad components from entering their repositories, but don’t necessarily need the full set of capabilities in Nexus Repository Pro.
Yum Proxy and Hosted support conditional GET
When making request to either a hosted or proxy yum repository, Nexus will respond properly when a If-Modified-Since header is present.
Remove support for the non-gzipped specs 4.8 from Rubygems
The public RubyGems repository has removed support for the uncompressed specs.4.8 index file and this ticket removes it from NXRM.
Anyone running a Rubygems client earlier than 1.8 will have to update when upgrading to the latest version of NXRM.
If you have any third party tools that are accessing the specs.4.8 endpoint directly they will receive a 404. They should be redirected to the specs.4.8.gz endpoint instead.
Example old endpoint = http://localhost:8080/repository/ruby-hosted/specs.4.8
Example new endpoint = http://localhost:8080/repository/ruby-hosted/specs.4.8.gz
- [NEXUS-10255] NPM proxy failed with 404 for requests with version specified
Repository Health Check,Upgrade
- [NEXUS-15746] Health check config database upgrade sometimes fails
[ NEXUS-15795] Yum hosted caches 404 responses for files unnecessarily due to negative cache handler
[NEXUS-15461] Allow more tasks to be canceled
Repository Manager 3.8.0
Sonatype is pleased to announce the immediate availability of Nexus Repository 3.8.0. A summary of the highlights in this release is shown below.
For more detail see the complete release notes.
Multiple XSS Vulnerabilities
Multiple XSS vulnerabilities have been discovered in Nexus Repository 3.x up to and including version 3.7.1. We recommend upgrading to 3.8.0 or later immediately. See our support knowledge base article for more information.
With our initial support for Yum Proxy released in version 3.5.0 we are now continuing on with the Yum Hosted. T his new feature is no longer built on top of Maven and no longer dependant on the external createrepo program. Yum hosting is now platform independent. Yum group repository and support for upgrading 2.x yum repositories to 3.x will be included in future releases.
Use permissive Deploy Policy if you're using Maven to deploy RPMs to Yum Hosted.
REST API deprecating /siesta
We have removed "/siesta/" from all of our REST endpoints, so you'll need to update your integrations. For example, the "/service/siesta/rest/v1/script" endpoint has been moved to "/service/rest/v1/script".
Upgrading from 3.x
This version upgrades Eclipse Jetty from 9.3.x to 9.4.x. This upgrade required a line to be removed from the shipped <install-dir>/etc/jetty/jetty-http.xml and <install-dir>/etc/jetty/jetty-https.xml as compared to previous versions.
Startup will fail if you try to use a jetty configuration file from a previous version that contains the following line:
This highlights why it is important to always compare install files you previously modified on upgrade as recommended by our upgrade instructions.
Upgrading from 2.x
If you’re upgrading from Nexus Repository 2, you must first upgrade your installation to 2.14.6. See the upgrade compatibility matrix for more information.
- [NEXUS-15467] - Make blob store type field not editiable
- [NEXUS-14956] - Upgrade to Eclipse Jetty 9.4.x
- [NEXUS-12452] - Bower install no longer fails when user has only group level privileges
Content Selectors,Tree View
- [NEXUS-15545] - Tree view now works properly with content selectors
- [NEXUS-14969] - HA-C nodes now properly rejoin their cluster after cluster shutdown
- [NEXUS-15084] - HA-C properly syncs user accounts between nodes
- [NEXUS-15147] - Prevent ConcurrentModificationException when editing multiple user roles
- [NEXUS-15364] - Logging from different task threads may log to the same task log if tasks are started within the same second
- [NEXUS-12482] - Inconsistent behaviour with upload to snapshot repository fixed
- [NEXUS-15282] - NPM allows redeploys despite Deploy Policy
- [NEXUS-15425] - Assets now properly updated when a npm package is republished
- [NEXUS-15466] - Welcome screen content is now displayed for administrators who are mapped in via LDAP group
- [NEXUS-15202] - Take classifier into account when downloading a jar through the REST endpoint
- [NEXUS-15088] - Incorrect error response code 406 for bad ID in DELETE /component
- [NEXUS-15089] - Error response code 204 not listed in REST API codes for component and asset delete
- [NEXUS-15131] - Component naming for Yum Proxy now matches RPM header