On-Prem Active/Active High Availability
When Sonatype Nexus Repository is mission-critical, an active/active high availability deployment pattern can help you maximize uptime and minimize data loss in the event of node failure.
- Federated Repositories
- Star Pattern
- Ensure you have perfected the Backup/Same-Site Restore pattern before combining it with more advanced patterns like this one
- Provides high availability
- Sonatype Nexus Repository Pro
- Requires external PostgreSQL database
- Resilient shared blob storage
Factors to Consider
HA is an advanced feature that requires careful consideration. Consider the following points before deploying to an HA environment:
- HA deployments require using several advanced technologies (e.g., Kubernetes) outside the Sonatype Suite's scope. You should ensure that you have in-house expertise in these technologies before attempting an HA deployment.
- HA requires additional infrastructure and maintenance overhead (See Sonatype Nexus Repository High Availability Performance Data).
Sonatype Nexus Repository High Availability deployments should be fully deployed and tested in a development environment before attempting to deploy in production.
We have the following comprehensive help topics and sample files to help implement this pattern:
- High Availability Deployment Options
- System Requirements for High Availability Deployments