Ideally, any new bundles created yield significant benefits for the overall community of users. Sonatype encourages contribution of such bundles to the upstream repository and is offering support and help for such efforts.
The minimum steps for such contributions are:
- Sign and submit a contributor license agreement to Sonatype
- Create a pull request with the relevant changes to the nexus-public repository
In further collaboration Sontaype will decide upon next steps on a case-by-case basis and work with you to:
- Create sufficient tests
- Provide access to upstream repositories
- Facilitate other infrastructure such as CI server builds
- Help you with verification and testing
- Work with you on user documentation and outreach
- Expose your work to the user community
- And many others.