Prepare a Backup
NXRM stores data in are stored separately in databases. The blob stores and metadata databases must be backed up together or the blob store metadata may be non-descript when attempting to restore the exported data. Your backup strategy should involve backing up both your databases and blob stores together to a new location, in order to keep the data intact.. Metadata and configuration information
Blob Store Backup
The filesystem or object store containing the blobs must be backed up outside of NXRM.
- For File blob stores, the directory storing the blobs should be backed up. For a typical configuration this will be
- For S3 blob stores, bucket versioning can be used as an alternative to backups or the bucket can be mirrored to another S3 bucket.
Node ID Backup
Each Nexus Repo instance has a distinct ID that is assocated with it. This needs to be backed up so that blob storage metrics and Nexus Firewall reports will function in the event of a restore. The files to back up to preserve the node ID are located in:
The databases that you export have pointers to blob stores which contain components and assets potentially across multiple repositories. If you don’t back them up together the component metadata can point to non-existent blob stores, or the blob store metadata may be non-descript when attempting to restore the exported data. So, your backup strategy should involve backing up both your databases and blob stores together to a new location, in order to keep the data intact.
Here’s a common scenario for backing up custom configurations in tandem with the database export task:
- Configure the Admin - Export databases for backup Task to export databases.
- Run the scheduled task to export the databases to the configured folder.
- Back up custom configurations in your installation and data directories at the same time you run the export task.
- Back up all blob stores.
- Store all backed up configurations and exported data together.
Write access to databases is temporarily suspended until a backup is complete. It’s advised to schedule backup tasks during off-hours.