Available in Nexus Repository OSS and Nexus Repository Pro
Nexus Repository Manager leverages a simple UI interface to generate the comprehensive REST documentation from the available endpoints. The REST API can be used to integrate the repository manager with external systems. The interface is fully interactive, where parameters can be filled out and REST calls made directly through the UI to see the results in the browser.
As of NXRM 3.6.1, this interface is available under the API item via the System sub menu of the Administration menu. For NXRM 3.3.0 through 3.6.0, use the following.
A comprehensive listing of REST API endpoints and functionality is documented through the UI. The following highlights noteworthy functionality:
- Search - component search functionality
- Assets - direct access the assets/binaries and associated metadata in a repository
- Components - direct access to language native logical grouping of files in a repository, e.g., maven2 groupId, artifactId, version
- Scripts - store and execute groovy scripts
- Tasks - available administrative tasks for the repository manager
The REST API includes a powerful scripting API that provides methods to simplify provisioning and executing other complex tasks in the repository manager. These APIs can be invoked from scripts that are published to the repository manager and executed therewithin the application server.
Topics in this section: