Manual Application Evaluation
When you evaluate an application, IQ Server generates a report that gives you a baseline of your application’s health. Before you can initiate an evaluation, you need the following items:
- At least one organization and one application. For information on creating these entities, see Organization and Application Management.
- View IQ Elements and Evaluate Applications permissions for the application you wish to evaluate. For details about setting permissions, see Role Management.
To evaluate an application:
- Log in to IQ Server as a user assigned to the Policy Administrator or Owner role for the application.
- Click the Organization & Policies icon on the IQ Server toolbar.
- Select an application in the sidebar.
- Go to the Actions menu, and click Evaluate Binary.
- In the Evaluate a Binary dialog, do the following:
- Click the Choose File button and then navigate to the file you want evaluated.
- Click to select a stage to associate with the evaluation.
- Click Yes or No to specify whether notifications of policy violations will be sent as defined in the policy’s configuration settings.
- Click the Upload button to begin evaluating the selected application. An Evaluation Status message is displayed.
- When the evaluation is complete, click the View Report button to open the Application Composition Report for your application.