Add, Edit, and Delete Organizations
You will need the Edit IQ Elements permission to add, edit or delete organizations from Lifecycle.
On This Page:
To add an organization
1. Click on Orgs and Policies in the left navigation bar. To add an organization under the root organization level, click on "+" as shown below:
To add a new organization to an existing one, select the organization from the list, and click on "+'
2. Enter the name of the new organization. The label Adding to at the top indicates the name of the existing organization under which the new organization will be created.
3. Icon- You can associate an icon to represent the organization. Select one from the options below:
- Default - Uses the default image.
- Upload a custom icon - Click the Upload Icon Image button to navigate to an image file in PNG format and click Open. The image should be sized to 160 x 160 pixels. Images with different sizes will be scaled.
- Get a robot - Click the Get Another Robot button to cycle randomly through a variety of robot images
4. Click the Create button.
You can use Organizations REST API v2 to add new organizations.
Editing an Organization
1. Click on Orgs and Policies in the left navigation bar. Select the organization you want to edit. The configuration details for this organization are now accessible in the right pane.
2. Click Actions dropdown in the top right as shown below:
3. Select Edit Org Name/Icon from the dropdown list.
In the Edit Organization dialog, you can edit the organization name its associated icon.
4. Click the Update button to save changes.
Deleting an Organization
1. Click Orgs and Policies on the left toolbar and select the organization you want to delete.
Alternatively, enter the name of the organization in the Filter to navigate to the organization you want to delete.
2. Select the organization to delete. Click on the Actions dropdown.
3. From the Actions dropdown, select Delete <Organization Name>.
4. Click on Delete <organization name> to permanently delete the organization. You will not be able to undo Delete organization. Click on the Delete button in the warning message, to confirm deletion.
Before deleting, the Delete Organization operation will check for dependencies that could cause instability in the organization hierarchy. If any such dependencies exist, you will be prompted to resolve those, before continuing to delete the organization. A most common dependency that could prevent you from deleting the organization is when an organization in the hierarchy is setup as parent for Automatic Applications.
An example for a partially successful Delete Organization:
You can retry deleting the organization after resolving the dependencies.