Creating an Access Token in GitHub
Required Token Permissions
|Automated Commit Feedback|
|Automated Pull Requests|
|Pull Request Commenting|
|Pull Request Line Commenting|
Create an access token:
To create a personal access token:
- Log in to GitHub.
- In the upper-right corner click your avatar and select Settings.
- In the left menu click Developer Settings.
- In the left menu click Personal access tokens.
- Click the Generate new token button.
- Configure the token with the Required Token Permissions
- Save the personal access token. You will not be able to view this token again.
Protecting the Target Branch in GitHub
You can prevent users from merging Pull Requests with failing IQ Policy Evaluations with a Branch Protection Rule. IQ Policy Evaluations must be set to Fail at the Source Stage.
To protect a branch:
- Select a Repository.
- Click Settings.
- Select Branches from the sidebar.
- Click Add rule or edit an existing rule.
- Check Require status checks to pass before merging.
- Check IQ Policy Evaluation.
- Save Changes
The IQ Policy Evaluation status check will not appear in the list of status checks found in the last week for this repository until the first policy evaluation status has been added to the repository.
See this page for more information.