Bitbucket Code Insights
NEW IN RELEASE 94
Lifecycle can create Bitbucket Code Insights reports based on the evaluation of your configured default branch and a feature branch with an open Pull Request. This is accomplished by comparing the policy evaluation report of the pull request's source branch with:
- the latest policy evaluation report for the common ancestor commit between the pull request's source and target branches, if such report exists, or
- the latest policy evaluation report for the pull request's base commit, which is the head commit of the pull request's target branch at the moment the pull request was created, if such report exists, or
- the latest available policy evaluation report for the source control configured default branch.
Integrating Lifecycle with the Bitbucket Code Insights has some prerequisites. Your IQ Server instance must be configured for Bitbucket SCM correctly, and your Bitbucket repo must have a default branch and a feature/development branch.
Code Insight Report Content
- A summary of the policy violation information generated by comparing the Pull Request branch with the default branch configured for a given Application.
- A link to the full report in your IQ Server.
- Each component that led to a policy violation and a synopsis of which policy has been violated and how.
- A link to the file and line number for violations which were introduced as a part of this Pull Request
- Annotations in the build file indicating the line which is causing the policy violation