Setting the baseUrl is required for all notifications, the Jira plugin, and SCM integrations.
The IQ Server is an application exposed using a Dropwizard server. The main configuration file for the IQ Server installation is a YAML formatted file called config.yml. By default, config.yml is located in the IQ server installation directory, i.e. the same folder that contains the IQ Server .jar file.
There are some configuration options that can only be changed from inside config.yml. Most other options are found in the System Preferences section of the IQ Server browser UI, which you can access by clicking on the System Preferences icon located in the top right of the IQ Server header ().
There are some considerations for editing config.yml.
- TAB characters are not supported. Use space characters only for indenting. We strongly recommend using a text editor that will display any TAB characters inserted into the file.
- The YAML (.yml) structure is tree-like. Indents define structure hierarchy and are relevant to proper parsing of the file.
- Indented lines are considered child options of the first un-commented outdented line preceding them.
- Comments begin with the # character. Commented lines are ignored.
If the config.yml file is not properly formatted, then IQ Server will not start. If you suspect that a badly formatted config.yml is the root cause, then open a terminal, navigate to the installation directory, and attempt to start the server with the
Below is an example error from a Windows machine.
ERROR [2022-03-01 11:08:48,052] com.sonatype.insight.brain.service.InsightBrainService: Fatal error trying to start server ! org.yaml.snakeyaml.scanner.ScannerException: while scanning for the next token ! found character '\t(TAB)' that cannot start any token. (Do not use \t(TAB) for indentation) ! in 'reader', line 21, column 1:
If you're unable to reformat the config.yml to correct the issue:
- Remove the config.yml file from your installation directory and save it somewhere locally. You may consider renaming it.
- Visit our Downloads page and download the latest IQ .zip or .tar.gz.
- Open the package and locate the config.yml file.
- Move the config.yml file from the package into your installation directory.
- Diff your previous config.yml file to the new one and update any default options you've changed.
This process will reset any changes you've made to config.yml. Save your original config.yml and diff with the new file to ensure that your options carry over.
See the Advanced Server Configuration for Java Overrides and configuration with Environment Variables
The config.yml is annotated inline with the default configuration. Below are the latest base settings.
|sonatypeWork||./sonatype-work/clm-server||Directory for data files.|
|licenseFile||./license.lic||Path to a license file to automatically install if unlicensed.|
|baseUrl||http://localhost:8070/||Base URL of the IQ Server for user-facing links back to the server. Required for Email, SCM, and Jira integrations.|
|policyMonitoringHour||0||Hour of the day (0-23) to schedule Policy Monitoring execution. The default is midnight.|
|csrfProtection||true||Enables/disables cross-site request forgery protection. Defaults to true for increased security.|
|userAgentSuffix||"example fragment"||A custom fragment to add to the "user-agent" for HTTP calls|
|webhookSecretPassphrase||"^d1swM!FF&qQ"||The passphrase used to encrypt the Webhook Secret Keys|
|eventBus.maxPoolSize||500||Configures the number of threads used for the EventBus. Defaults to 500 if not provided.|
|createSampleData||true||Sample data is created for new installs.|