IQ Server Setup
Nexus Firewall is enabled in a repository manager and controlled in Sonatype's IQ Server. This page walks through the necessary configuration options in IQ Server for Firewall to quarantine components.
- A Repository Manager with the Audit & Quarantine capability
- IQ Server
- Firewall License Installed In the IQ Server
- IQ Server role permissions
Configure Policy for Proxy Stage
Components that violate a policy set to Fail at the proxy stage in the Root Organization will be quarantined and not made available for download.
Firewall blocks components from entering proxy repositories based on policies set at the Root Organization in the IQ Server.
Firewall only quarantine's components if the field This Policy Inherits is set to All Applications and Repositories
- Navigate to your IQ Server Dashboard
- Select Orgs and Policies
- Select a policy to govern Firewall's quarantine behavior
- Click the Fail radio button in the Proxy column under the Actions section
- Change the Proxy action to Warn or No Action to stop Firewall from quaranting components based on that policy.
- To learn how to creating a policy, see Policy Management.
Feature Specific Configuration Options
- Quarantine Auto-Release
- Policy Compliant Component Selection
- Prevent Namespace Confusion
- The Firewall tab in IQ Server